Sunday, September 04, 2011

Caramel Apple Concoction

Hello!


It's really Saturday today since tomorrow is another day off! Hooray! I've spent this morning sipping coffee while cleaning off my hard drive of old blogging photos. Later today I'll be hitting up the grocery store (hopefully) and then I'm headed over to my friend's house for a girl's night grill out! I'm really looking forward to catching up with some of my favorite ladies!

Possibly sneaking in a sweat session in there as well. Last night I went to the gym around 6pm and it was almost empty. Seriously--best thing ever. There were no lines for weights, no one was crowding the locker rooms or the card equipment! I loved it!

Wedding News


Um, 'scuse me, why are vendors sending me emails about choosing them for "my perfect wedding reception" when they know I'm getting married in 40 days? Isn't it a little late for choosing a reception site?


Ahh...I'm starting to get so excited! We're just a little over a month away! We bought a bed yesterday, so next up on our to-do list is to work on our reception slideshow!


Caramel Apples
For me, there is something about the chilly air that always sparks a craving for caramel apples! This is a fun twist on the classic fall treat that my mom used to always make for us as kids. It's much easier and less messy to eat than a caramel apple, but still tastes just as good.

Ingredients to serve 1
  • 1 Apple (I like using Braeburn or Gala)
  • 6 caramels
  • Splash of cream, milk, or water
  • Nuts of your choice (optional)

First, dice up your apple into tiny bite-size chunks and toss them into a bowl. 


Next, take your caramels and cut them up into 4's. This will allow for a faster melting time. Place your caramel bits into a microwave-safe bowl and then add a splash (i.e. a few drops...nothing major) of cream, milk, or water. 


This helps to create a creamier consistency and allows the caramel to be poured over the apples instead of melted into a gooey-glob. Microwave your caramel in increments of 7 seconds, stirring each time until reaching the desired consistency. Be careful not to overcook your caramel as it will burn pretty quickly! When it is done, pour the caramel sauce over your diced apples.


I like to add some chopped nuts on top of mine for an extra crutch before digging in with my spoon.


Enjoy! For another twist on a classic recipe, click here for ooey-gooey Rice Krispie bowls. 

I'm off to start my day--beginning with some breakfast!

Best caramel apple you ever had?
What are you doing today?
Have you ever been to the gym when it is almost empty?


0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...