Friday, August 12, 2011

You Can't Climb Forever


"...And the edge of perfectionism? It is a mountain, 
and CHRIST sits at the TOP, beckoning me:

'I've already CONQUERED this MOUNTAIN, He says.
You DON'T need to climb anymore.

Just rest in my VICTORY. 
I stand atop PERFECTION.'"


I found that quote online once and I jotted it down--failing to grab the author's name. However, when I read those words, they struck home with me. Being a type A, perfectionist, first-born daughter with determination being my middle name, I never felt like there was a bar I could not reach.

I used to thrive on busy-ness and success; now it is my method of functioning. However, it has been these words of wisdom that have reminded me that I don't have to have control of it all. I don't have to be the best anything except the best me.


Through the course of a lot of events this past year, I have learned that who I am is not what I do. Even if I never designed another day, ran another mile, set another goal, or achieved another success,

the sun would still rise,
those close to me would love me for who I am,
and my God would still rejoice over me.

It's okay to just be
rather than do.




0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...