Sunday, August 14, 2011

Invitations Out the Door

Good morning!


I took the day off from blogging yesterday since Friday was such a busy day! After work, I headed up to my step-grandma's house so that she could work on altering my wedding dress. Sine I'm such a shrimp, a good chunk of material needs to be cut off before it can be hemmed. After trying on the dress and pining it to the right height, we played around with bustle ideas and then headed upstairs for dinner.

It was great to catch up with her and my grandpa, since although they live right by me, I don't get to see them very often. My step-grandma is an awesome seamstress and has a little sewing shop set up in her house! I am so thankful that she is able to help me out with the alterations!


After saying goodbye and heading back home, I popped in a movie and waited for Andy to arrive. He got to my place around 10 and we started putting postage on all of our wedding invitations. We also assembled all of the invitations since we needed to include an invite, an RSVP card, and a smaller, stamped envelope for our guest to send in their RSVP card.


We finished the first round of invitations around 2am! It was a late night for this girl! Around 12am, I headed to the couch and assembled the invitations while laying down and watching another movie since I'm normal in bed by 10:30 each night!


The next morning, I dropped off the invitations at the Post Office and they are out the door! Friends and family should be receiving them this week! This was a major wedding to-do and it feels great to have it complete! Now we will just wait to receive the response cards!


We're getting married in 61 days! Ah! I remember for the longest time that that number was well over 200 days! Now it is so close!


After the post office, I ran and errand and couldn't help picking up some of these. Since I'm not going back to school this Fall, but still wanted some new supplies, I purchased some markers for my desk at work! I'm excited to use these tomorrow at the office!


Of course I put my name on them just as I would have done for school. ;-)



I was surprised when I took the larger markers out of their box and found that the barrels were black! I had never seen this before! After looking at the back of the box, I soon learned why!


After running my errand, I hit up the gym for a sweaty workout to start the day! This past week, I was chatting with Allie about strength training. I've always used to the weight machines, but recently started using free weights.

This intimidates me like crazy since I don't know much about free weights except what I learned in dance. My studio required us to do a lot of training on top of dancing (lifting weights, sit ups, push ups, running, etc.). Since I knew I wanted to step this area of my workouts up a notch, I bit the bullet and signed up for a few training sessions with a personal trainer at the gym. My first one is this week and I'm excited but also a little nervous! I'll let you know how it goes.


Upon returning home from the gym, I cooled off with a shower and a delicious protein-packed smoothie!
It definitely hit the spot! After awhile, Andy came over and we headed out to get his birthday gift a little early! I'll reveal what it was tomorrow! Last night, we were wiped after our late night the night before, so we cooked up some turkey burgers and settled in on the couch while enjoying a movie that we picked up while we were out. I had heard that it was a great movie from a few friends of mine, and they were right!


It was very uplifting and had a great message that was woven throughout the film. Bethany Hamilton endured so much yet remained optimistic about it all and in the end, so much good came out of her tragic event. I would highly recommend it!


A sure sign that you need to run your dishwasher? When you're sipping iced coffee from a mug since all of your drinking glasses are dirty! 

I'm off to start the dishwasher and hit the shower before heading out to spend the day with Andy! Have a great Sunday!

Do you use free weights or the machines? 
Ever worked with a personal trainer? 
What was your favorite thing about going back to school as a kid? I loved new backpacks and art supplies!

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...