Friday, July 22, 2011

Open Mic: 14 Confessions

Good morning!


Is it just me, or did this week really fly by?  It's going to be a busy weekend of wedding festivities...we're having a wedding band shopping "date night" tonight, followed by printing wedding invitations tomorrow! I'm super excited for tonight because we've missed our weekly date night the last few weeks due to other things going on.

A berry blend with a protein kick!

Smoothie in a Bowl
Lately, I've jumped onto the smoothie in a bowl bandwagon. It is so cold and delicious--perfect for a summer morning breakfast! This morning's concoction included:
  • 3/4 cup 1% Milk
  • A handful of organic spinach
  • 3/4 cup all-natural frozen berries (blackberries, raspberries + blueberries
  • 1 scoop of protein powder for some staying power
  • 1 frozen banana, sliced for easy-mixing
  • A few ice cubes
All whirled up in the blender for a few seconds until it was fully blended. I then transferred it to a bowl and enjoyed it with a spoon! Slurp!

Confessions
Today I'd like to introduce a new feature to my blog: Confessions! On these posts, I'll fill you in on some random, quirky things that I do. Enjoy!

1. Last night I got a little too focused in my speed drills on the treadmill at the gym because after I hopped off and grabbed a disinfecting wipe to clean off the treadmill, I realized that I started wiping down the treadmill next to mine! oops!


2. I put salt on my watermelon mainly because my mom always did that. I always tend to get strange looks when I do this, but I promise you, it is delicious!


3. I rarely wash my jeans but change my socks 2-3 times per day.


4. Messy environments make it very difficult for me to concentrate. Therefore, I strive to keep my workspace as tidy as possible.

5. Dairy products, especially milk, freak me out a little. So much, that I often toss them a few days before they expire just to be on the safe side.



6. My dishwasher is run almost daily even though I'm a family of one. I blame it on all of the tupperwares that I bring to work each day.

7. I have a major pickle obsession but they have to be the sour kind--no "bread and butter" pickles for this girl.

8. In college, I never read the books for my research papers. Need to cite sources? Simply open the book, find some good quotes, and do the rest of your research online. Easy A, anyone?


9. A few months ago, I watched an entire season of Make it or Break it in one day.

10. One of my favorite shows is Full House. I also really enjoy Home Improvement reruns.


11. On that note, I still like watching Arthur even though it is meant for elementary school kids.


12. Once I worked at Express...for  3 weeks--that's all I could take. Fold clothes all day and have to ask to use the bathroom...not a chance!

13. 9 times out of 10, I'll choose a Pixar film over a chick flick.


14. Wearing glasses always makes me feel even more tired.

There you have it--it felt good to get those things off my chest!

What are some quirky things you'd like to confess?
Do we have any items above in common?
Friday night plans?
Glasses or contacts?

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...