Monday, May 23, 2011

A Few of My Favorite Things

Hello!

Catching up from the weekend? In short, I wiped out, hung out with Andy, and shared my healthy eating routine.

Thanks for all of your "get better" comments yesterday on my running injuries! The wounds are slowly but surely healing!

I made some updates on the blog. Click around my subpages to check out new illustrations scattered throughout, an updated blog roll featuring some of my favorite bloggers, and my recipe page's reorganization.

As I was working on the blog yesterday morning, I was thinking about what I like reading about on blogs.

That is where you come in. 
What would you like to see more of on my blog? 
  • Photography? 
  • Recipes? 
  • Design? 
  • Daily life? 
  • Tutorials?
  • Any other suggestions?! 
I'm new to this whole blogging thing so I'd like to improve as a blogger. Let me know what you'd like to see more of and I will do my best!

I was also thinking it would be neat to do some basic Photoshop tutorials or something. Would anyone be interested in that?

Favorite Things
Today's post contains a few of my favorite things that I wanted to share with you! These are things I enjoy and use or consume on a regular basis!


1. Starbucks in general, but more specifically: their iced coffees! As soon as warm weather hits, I switch over to iced coffee--a tall dark roast with a splash of half + half. It is just so refreshing and packs the perfect caffeine punch to get me going in the morning.


Sometimes I promise myself a Starbucks if I can get out the door by 7:35am...Friday morning was a success! I even straightened my hair for work! Who am I?!


2. Mr. Garmin is my lifesaver. My dad purchased this handy gadget as a Christmas gift awhile back and it makes driving to new places so much smoother! I also love how it allows you to scope out what stores and restaurants are in the area--perfect for when you travel to a new city. The traffic feature is great for knowing which routes are bumper-to-bumper and which are smooth sailing--talk about saving yourself a headache!


3. Speaking of straightening hair, the Conair ProShine straightener is another one of my favorite things. This little mechanism is a gem! I used to always buy the cheapie straighteners because my hair is technically pretty straight with just a slight wave. However, when I chopped off all my hair a few years ago and sported the chin-length bob, my cheapie straightener didn't work well since the wand was too thick and it never reached a high enough temp to get the short, wavy pieces straight.

Straight hair

So, I splurged on this purple beauty this past winter and wow, it does wonders! It makes straightening so much faster and the little silicone strip on the plate (is that what they are called?) leaves your hair silky smooth! It has even encouraged me to straighten my hair more often! Now that is saying something since I usually wear ponytails all the time. I would highly recommend it!

Ponytail at our friend's wedding

4. Adele! I heard her "Rolling in the Deep" son for the first time on the radio and was not a huge fan. It wasn't until I was hanging out with my sister a few weeks ago when she had it playing in the background that I really got hooked on her style. Since then I've been checking out some of her other songs, too! Are you a fan?

These "favorite things" will be a continuing thing on my blog, so be sure to check back for more in the future!

See you tomorrow morning for some Tuesday 3's!

What would you like to see more of on my blog?
What are some of your favorite things in life?

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...