Sunday, October 02, 2011

Random Recent Eats

Good morning!

Don't you just love weekend mornings? Seriously...waking up whenever, fuzzy slippers, coffee in a real mug as opposed a travel one, lounging on the couch. Ahhh, yes. I told myself that at noon I need to start being productive, but until then, it's blogging and watching the news while sipping some coffee.

Recent Eats
I'm a candy fanatic! 

Trying new things: TJ's rice blend, potato wedges sprinkled with sea salt and parsley flakes, tomato-basil-parmesean chicken


The office is freezing year round--but in the Fall/Winter, it is even worse--I sip tea and wear sweatshirts all of the time to stay warm while I work. One of my coworkers actually used to wear gloves since her hands got so cold...she cut a hole in one of the fingers so she could use the mouse...hahaha. It is a very rare occasion that I will walk around the office in a t-shirt! I'm more of a fruit tea person and enjoy blends like Tazo's Passion Tea along with Celestial Seasonings's Peach, Wild Berry, Blueberry, and Lemon Zinger teas. 


However, my favorite is this little gem that usually only makes an appearance around the holidays. Has anyone else tried this? It is so tasty! 


Lunches as of lately--usually combined with half of a turkey sandwich or a cup of soup as well. I haven't had much of an appetite lately so I've been sticking to snacky lunches that I can spread out over the course of the day. This seems to work pretty well as opposed to sitting down and eating everything during my lunch break.


Smoothies on the go in my blender bottle--this container is the perfect size for a huge protein smoothie!


Sometimes you just have to go with what you're craving. Tuesday night all I could think about was making and eating the biggest salad of my life--it definitely hit the spot!


Ice cream treats while spending the day with my cousins awhile ago. I haven't had one of these in so long!


My cousins both have iPod Touches and we spent a large majority of the afternoon playing with their food creation apps. This one let you design a cupcake--how fun is that?! 


Random lunch I assembled while at my parent's house; it was my first time trying fresh mozzarella and I must admit, the texture of it is a little strange. Not sure if it's better when melted? Any thoughts on this?

This was pretty good--much better than that Athenos yogurt that is in one of my first photos! 

On today's agenda:

  • Clean like crazy
  • Laundry x 3
  • Design wedding programs
  • Finish assembling table decorations
  • Hit up the gym
  • Clean up my iPod playlists

Oh, and on a side note Shape.com recently featured an article regarding 7 exercises and machines you should skip at the gym--it's pretty interesting and it made me rethink a few of routines.

Speaking of which, I'll be back tomorrow morning with a fitness-themed post! I haven't done one of those in awhile!


Photo Challenge Day 8: Technology

Seriously, where would we be without it? Living much simpler lives, I assume. It's funny how we think that by getting all of these gadgets and synchronizing them, we'll be more organized and less chaotic but sometimes I think all of this technology actually makes life much more complicated.

Without the internet, we probably would get more sleep since we wouldn't sit up surfing the web in attempt to procrastinate going to bed. Oh well, I still choose to embrace it as I write "an iPhone" on my Christmas wish list...

Alright, have a great day!

What have you been eating a lot of lately? 
Favorite McFlurry flavor?
Do you drink tea? What kinds do you like?
Favorite technology that you own? I'd have to say my laptop or iPod since they get used the most

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...