Friday, September 30, 2011

Making a List & Checking It Twice!

Hello!


Last night ended up being a super successful night as I checked off a ton of wedding to-do's from my list! However, this weekend's list looks even longer; luckily all of the planning will be pay off in 2 weeks though! It's hard to believe that our wedding is right around the corner--it feels like the last couple months have really flown by.



That being said, I am thankful for another Friday! And along with Friday comes the Friday Fives brought to you by my friend Laura over at Meet Virginia!


1. What I'm reading
I recently picked up this book at the library and I'm about a third of the way through it--I don't normally read this genre of books so it's nice to switch things up a bit. It's a story of two best friends that are reunited by an unfortunate event in one's life and what becomes of it.

From SimonandSchuster.com:
Best Friends Forever is a grand, hilarious, edge-of-your-seat adventure; a story about betrayal and loyalty, family history and small-town secrets. It’s about living through tragedy, finding love where you least expect it, and the ties that keep best friends together.


Click on the image to listen

2. What I'm listening to
Come thou Fount // David Crowder Band
Lately, this song has been on the radio quite a bit and I find myself turning it up since it was our song that we sang at my high school graduation (yes, I was homeschooled...). It has such a great message and I just love the twist that David Crowder Band adds to it.


3. What I'm watching
I logged into Netflix last night to watch an episode of Grey's before bed when this movie caught my eye. I watched this a couple years ago with Andy when it was on TV and I remember seeing it when I was younger with my mom--I'm surprised she let me watch this! haha. It's kinda freaky but I just love thrillers that keep me on the edge of my seat.

Chicken with tomato + cilantro, roasted veggies

4. What I'm eating
While at the grocery store this week, I noticed that they had all-natural fresh chicken breast 3-packs for $2.99! This is unheard of as they are usually around 6 dollars each so I stocked up on 5 of them--stashing 4 packs in the freezer, and using one for this week's dinners. I also tried brussel sprouts for the first time after cooking them according to this girl's method. They were actually really good and I look forward to enjoying the leftovers this evening!


5. What I'm pinning
I've been looking through tons of wedding flowers lately since they'll be getting ordered this week to arrive in time for the big day. Cake was also ordered this week and it feels great to get more of the wedding tasks accomplished as we get closer and closer to the day.


Photo Challenge Day 7: Something New
My friend Kara Lynn gave me these bottles of nail polish as part of my bachelorette party gift--I had fun reading the names of them and was surprised to see that they all referenced weddings/marriage. What a cute idea! Right now I've got "Tyin' the Knot!" on my fingers and "Rosy Future" on my toes!



Off to enjoy my strawberry sprinkle smoothie and then pound through the last 8 hours of the work week. I'm wrapping up some winter-themed posters and a real estate website today--hopefully it will be finished by the time the day ends! 


This afternoon might also consist of a coffee shop visit with Krystine and another coworker--sometimes you just need a little treat to make it through the rest of the day, don't you think?

Have a great Friday! 

What color nail polish are you wearing? 
Or do you prefer unpainted nails?
Do you enjoy thriller movies?
Best thing to top your smoothie with?

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...