Thursday, September 08, 2011

Sent with LOVE

Good morning!


I hope you all are doing well! It has been so sunny and nice all week--perfect cool, crisp fall weather! The crisp air is always a sure sign of Fall and I get so excited knowing that the leaves will be changing colors soon. Fall in Minnesota is one of my favorite things ever!


Tuesday night, I took my bike out for a spin around my new neighborhood and was so delighted to discover that there are plenty of scenic paths nearby! I rode for about 35 minutes or so before heading home to call it a night. When I pulled up to my driveway, I was ecstatic to see this on my doorstep!



A week ago, Laura at Love Grown Foods in Colorado contacted me to see if I would be interested in trying and reviewing some of their granola on my blog. Free granola from an all-natural company shipped to my house? Yes, please!


I immediately opened the box and began sampling on my front step...right as my neighbors pulled up. Hopefully they don't think I'm too strange...


The verdict? This granola is amazing! I've purchased granola from my local grocery and from health foods stores before and it's usually all the same. Mostly oats, no real flavor, and you have to dig to find the raisins or other goodies that are inside.

The whole family--I just loved the adorable little snack packs!


Well, never fear! Love Grown Foods is not like those other brands. This is not your Special K granola over here; this is all-natural granola with no artificial sweeteners, yucky hydrogenated oils, or preservatives! This makes me want to move to Colorado, join Love Grown Food's design team and enjoy these clusters each morning for breakfast.

Apple Walnut Delight flavor

Also, each handful is filled to the brim with goodies such as plump raisins, huge dried apple chunks, slivers of real coconut, and nuts, respectively to the individual flavors.

The varieties that were sent to me to review included:
  • Apple Walnut Delight
  • Cocoa Goodness
  • Sweet Cranberry Pecan
  • Raisin Almond Crunch

After sampling all of them, it was hard to choose a favorite, but I must say that Apple Walnut Delight won the taste test. Maybe that had something to do with it feeling much like Fall outside and that kind of weather has me craving apples and cinnamon like crazy. I loved the mixture of textures that it contained: crunchy oat clusters, chewy dried apples, huge walnuts, and coconut flakes as well!


However, the other flavors were just as good! The Sweet Cranberry Pecan was loaded with big, dried cranberries, gluten-free oats, honey, agave, and chunks of pecans. What a delicious combo of fruit, grains, and healthy fats--all in one tasty snack!


Cocoa Goodness was great just out of the bag since it tasted more like a treat than a granola! However, it is made with similar ingredients as the rest of the granola family so there's nothing to feel bad about while munching on this. Large chocolate chunks woven throughout the clusters were definitely the highlight of this little sack.


Lastly, the Raisin Almond Crunch flavor certainly did not disappoint. It was stocked with full almonds (not teensy-tiny slivers!), gooey raisins, and lots of cinnamon and crunch! This would be so good in a bowl of vanilla almond milk for breakfast!




The cute little snack sacks would be perfect for healthy, on-the-go fuel. I'd like to purchase more of these when I run out to keep in my car, purse, gym bag, and snack drawer at the office. They're the perfect size and the variety of flavors keeps my mouth entertained.


As an athlete, I was also very impressed by the stats. Perfect proportion of fats, carbs, and calories for being on the go all of the time!

They even cater to those with tummy troubles!

Love Grown Food's tagline is Healthy, Affordable, and Delicious. I couldn't agree more!

Be sure to check them out online!

Do you want to have the LOVE sent to you for review? Do you want to spread the LOVE onto your friends and family? Head on over to Love Grown Foods today to check out their story and delicious flavors! Let me know what you think!

Off to enjoy this delicious breakfast!

Perfect smoothie topper

Have you ever tried any of Love Grown Foods products? 
If so, what is your favorite flavor? 
How do you like to eat granola?

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...