Monday, August 01, 2011

Saturday Shenanigans (A Foodie Post)

Good morning! 

Today it's back to the grind! I'm wrapping up yet another marketing book today so I'm thinking the day should really fly by. After work, Andy's parents are meeting my parents for dinner! This will be the first time that they have met and we thought it would be a good idea for them to meet before the wedding. 

Catching up from the weekend? Here are the things that went down:


Weekend Eats
Rewinding a little bit, let's cover some delicious eats over the course of the weekend at my parent's house, shall we?

Like I've said before, one of my favorite things about my parent's house are the low-key mornings. I loved waking up each day to enjoy breakfast on the deck while blogging and reading the paper. Afterwards, I hit up the gym both days and then started the activities for the day. It was so great to wake up to the sun as opposed to an alarm.

My parents make the best coffee--or maybe it just tastes better because I didn't have to make it...?

Fresh fruit on a muggy morning


My mom had these cute little cherry tomatoes growing in her gorgeous garden! They were so tiny and perfect!

More garden produce

After the gym, I whipped up a quick protein smoothie to tide me over until lunch. Into the blender went:
  • Vanilla protein powder
  • 1 frozen banana
  • Handful of frozen berries
  • Coconut milk
  • Small handful of spinach
It was so tasty! My mom requested one after seeing mine since it was so humid out even at 9am! After my smoothie fix, I was freezing! Cold smoothie + high AC in the house! I jumped into the shower and got ready for the day before enjoying some lunch with my parents before my cousins arrived.


Turkey, cheese, guac, tomato, spinach, and olive wrap! Plus pickles and jello!

I definitely look more like my dad! 

While we were doing the dishes, my mom and I agreed that we could really go for another iced coffee. I offered to run to Starbucks to pick them up! I took my mom's car to get there and driving it was a breeze since we both drive the exact same vehicle! Like mother, like daughter! 

Shortly after I arrived home with our cold, refreshing drinks, my cousins pulled up to the curb! It was so fun to see them and they looked so cute--all decked out in little sun dresses for our day of flower girl dress fittings! 

After the dress fittings, my mom treated all of us to some ice cream at McDonald's! Mickey-D's cones are one of my favorite treats--no matter what time of year! It definitely hit the spot! 


Upon finishing our cones, we headed over to the shoe store to pick out some shoes to go with their dresses. We all agreed upon these cute little flats for both of them. Comfort was an important factor for us to consider since they are going to be on their feet a lot that day and we were happy to find something that was both cute and comfy! 


After saying goodbye to my cousins, my mom and I plopped down on the couch for a movie and some snacks. The hot day of shopping wore us out! Awhile later, we began to prep dinner and we were both so excited for it--homemade grilled fajitas! Mmm.


My mom mixed up a ton of peppers, onions, and cilantro for my dad to grill up beside the chicken and tortillas. The smell was amazing! 


I relaxed on the deck with some wine and magazines while my dad grilled and my mom mowed the lawn. The breeze was perfect for keeping it comfortable out there! 


The completed meal. All of the flavors combined together tasted amazing. We all agreed that this would be a meal we will be making again sometime soon! 

My fajita! I kind of made it into a taco with the fixings plus lettuce and sour cream, but hey--it was still delicious as can be! 

Off to work I go! Homemade iced coffee in-hand to start the day on a good foot!

What are your favorite taco toppings?
Do you ever blog outside?
Favorite place to get ice cream?

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...