Friday, August 19, 2011

Bags, Boot Camp, & Bagels

Good morning!

This morning I woke up with my contacts in and makeup still on--yikes! I must have fallen asleep while catching up on Grey's last night. Luckily I woke up feeling well-rested and ready to start this Friday!

So, once in awhile I check my blog stats just for the heck of it. I was amused to learn that this week someone found my blog by searching "butter biscuit designs?" Awesome. They might not have found what they were looking for, but hopefully they had fun visiting!


I forgot all about Starbucks' Treat Receipts in the summer! A coworker gave me hers on Tuesday morning and I was so excited to swing by Starbucks before heading to pre-marital counseling for an afternoon pick-me-up. The treat receipts let you purchase any grande cold drink after 2pm for only $2.00! Normally I stick with my tried and true iced coffee, but this time I cashed in the blue slip for a delicious iced soy latte--one of my favorites! 

Does anyone else feel like they always have a million bags to carry out in the morning? Usually I try to stash my gym bag in the car the night before to avoid carrying it in the morning, but still! A lunch, purse, and bag of toast gets hard to juggle while walking down steps in high heels! Maybe I should try putting my lunch in my purse...


After work on Wednesday, I had some time to kill before I met up with my friend, Danielle. Since there was a gym nearby, I decided to head in for a workout and shower before grabbing coffee with her. I was surprised to find that this particular gym had a track inside! After completing a strength-training session, I ran laps on the track while blasting the iPod and before I knew it, I was sweating like crazy! Almost ready to call it a day with working out, I glanced at the clock and decided to take a class since I still had an hour an a half before I had to shower and head over to Starbucks.

I saw that there was a boot camp class starting in 10 minutes and thought I'd give it a whirl. I told myself that if I didn't like it, I could leave. I figured it would be fun--jumping through tires and doing push ups...

This class was no joke and completely kicked my butt. We lifted this huge brick things and as we were lifting, the instructor walked around and added more weight to them! Ahhh. I wanted to die in the first 15 minutes of the class haha.

After the lifting, we headed outside and ran to a nearby elementary school. We used their playground, track, and parking lot to complete and hour and a half of insane exercises. Pull-ups, push-ups, sprints, running with resistance bands on our ankles, crunches, and running up hill while a partner put a rope around your waist and pulled backwards to make it harder. 

OH. MY. GOSH.

I thought I was somewhat "in-shape"....

Apparently not, as I left that class sweaty and exhausted! Since I wasn't planning on going to a class in the first place, I didn't even have a water bottle on me! Yikes!


After showering, I swung by my favorite bagel place to grab dinner before meeting with Danielle to catch up. Whole wheat toasted with peanut butter is one of my favorite combos! You'd better believe I chugged the water and iced tea that I ordered as soon as we arrived! 

Danielle and I go way back--we attended the same church when we were younger and were in the same dance class for a couple of years. She's married now and has two adorable little boys and a little dog! It was so much fun catching up with her and reminiscing over past memories. I'd definitely looking forward to seeing her again this Fall at my wedding! 


Lately I can't seem to get moving in the morning and breakfast has been enjoyed either in route to the office or at my desk. Lots of smoothies make it possible to get enough nutrients in the morning to start my day. I love bringing my cups home and reusing them for portable smoothies. I can just toss them when I'm done and there's no dirty cups to wash! 


Favorite snack as of lately? These cinnamon raisin pretzels are amazing! They taste just like a cinnamon raisin bagel! If you have not yet tried these, you are missing out! They're so delicious! 

With that, I'm off! I'm heading in early to proof a flyer that I got back from the printer yesterday and then wrapping up a website that is due on Monday! I'll be in and out on the blog this weekend--I've got my first bridal shower tomorrow morning! 

Favorite snack as of lately? 
Do you ever have to go into work early or stay late?
Favorite bagel flavor or combo?
Ever taken a boot camp class?

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...