Sunday, July 24, 2011

Please Oh Please, R.S.V.P.

Good morning!


Yesterday I prefaced the fact that we would be printing our wedding invitations, and I am happy to report that we successfully accomplished that task. We headed over to my in-law's for the day to set up shop and print over 150 double-sided invitations and R.S.V.P. cards to send out to our guests.


We made a great team with Andy as print coordinator, my father-in-law as the trimmer, and myself rounding the corners of each invitation.


Andy picked up a great tool for rounding the corners--a little paper punch that makes all of the corners rounded in a uniform manner.


After awhile, I noticed that the punch looked like it had a little face when flipped upside down. See the ears and mouth? It just needs a little nose and some eyes! Or maybe the ink fumes were starting to get to my head at this point...?


The only downside was that the paper puncher left these little clippings all over the place. With all that clipping, they reminded me of "invitation toenails..."


A sign that you're a picky eater: you bring your own lunch with you when you go to someone's house for a lunch date. I also snacked on some of those delicious Apple Straws while en route to Andy's parent's house.

Our invitation process took most of the day, and while Andy was configuring printer settings, I camped out on the couch--eating ten thousand grapes and looking through his baby books for slideshow pictures. I've looked through these albums before, but it is always so fun going back in time to see your fiance as a kid. So cute!

We finally closed up shop around 11pm and arrived back at my place by midnight. It was a long day but we were so happy with how much we accomplished! We're one step closer to getting married!

Other wedding to-dos:

  • Bridesmaid shoes
  • My wedding shoes
  • Find a place to live
  • Ceremony schedule
  • Put wedding website online
  • Reception slideshow
  • Table decorations
Upcoming events
I'm headed down to my parent's next weekend for a family party at my Aunt's house and plan on spending the weekend in that area to accomplish more wedding tasks with my mom, sister, cousins, and aunt! Stay tuned for another wedding recap next weekend. 


Don't worry, I'll have regular posting this week as well. I'm so excited for tomorrow--my friend Krystine has an interview at the design company that I work for! She is applying for a production artist / copywriter position and I really hope she gets the job--we'd be coworkers! 

Happy Birthday, Allie! 


I can't close this post without a shout out to one of my best friends, Allie! It is her birthday today and even though we are miles apart, I want to wish her the best birthday ever!

Allie and I have been friends for over 9 years and I can honestly say that she is one of the most amazing people I have ever met. She has been such a great friend to me and is such an inspirational, passionate, and hilarious person and I'm so glad she's a part of my life.

Ever since I met her back in 8th grade, she has always been talking about becoming a dolphin trainer. Right now she is stationed in Florida--chasing after her dream as she works with dolphins on a regular basis. It is so inspiring to see her reaching her dream! I can't wait to see her in October when she flies back to be a bridesmaid in my wedding!

Our first half marathon together

It is also my friend, Bre's birthday! And Dana's birthday! Go wish her a happy day! Apparently July 24th is a popular day to be born!


Alright, on that note, I'm signing off... heading to the kitchen to make some rush iced coffee using Courtney's method, and then hitting up the gym for a sweat session before some friends come over tonight for a little deck party get-together.

How did you meet your best friend? 
Who is the biggest inspiration in your life? 
What do you like in your iced coffee? For me, just strong black coffee, ice, and a splash of 1/2 + 1/2

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...