Thursday, July 07, 2011

First Day Festivities

Good morning!

Today I'm going to pick up where I left off with yesterday's post, starting with Saturday morning.

Saturday




I woke up well-rested at my parents house and bounced downstairs to grab some delicious hot coffee. I was ecstatic to find that my mom had set out my favorite coffee mug right in front of the coffee pot! 6am and the day was already off to a good start!


My mom and I enjoyed breakfast on the deck during the cool morning hours. We caught up on life and discussed our plans for the day. It was so wonderful to wake up to a relaxing morning as opposed to rushing out the door before 8am like most days.


One of my favorite things about my parent's house in their enormous garden that spans the majority of the backyard. Flowers and plants fill every inch possible and when the morning light hits it just right, it is gorgeous!


After my dad headed upstairs, I was excited to learn that my he had saved a few of my favorite candies for me! These blue tootsie rolls are vanilla flavored and are so good! They are often hard to find, so I always enjoy them on a rare basis!

After wrapping up our conversations, we headed inside to change before starting our day. We first ran a few errands as my mom needed some new shoes. She ended up finding an adorable pair right away! Afterwards, we headed to Target to pick up a few necessities when we bumped into my mom's friend, Shelly. (Hi Shelly!) It was so fun to see her! We chatted in an aisle for awhile before parting ways and heading out.


I picked up some of these while we were out and they were a hit! They taste just like bubble gum except that they are a mint! The flavor kind of reminds me of Orbit's BubbleMint gum. Mmm!


Before heading home, my mom treated me to a sub from Erbert's + Gerbert's for lunch and it was delicious! We ate our lunch on a polka-dot plate out on the deck while enjoying the sunshine and fresh fruit.

Yeah for no shower due to a trip to the pool later in the day!

Complete with all-natural fruit popsicles for dessert! 



Awhile later we headed back out to the deck for a snack and some magazine reading to relax before I headed over to my friend's house to hit up the pool. Upon spending many hours at the pool, my friend Kaaren and I headed back down to my parent's for dinner and wine!


We enjoyed fresh, summer salads while taking in the beautiful summer evening. My parents broke out a fruity, Italian wine that was absolutely delicious! I'm not usually one for alcohol, since I prefer to drink my weight in lemonade, but this stuff was good! It was a perfect end to the day.

Are you a wine drinker? If so, red or white?
Favorite sub shop? 
All-time favorite candy?

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...