Wednesday, July 06, 2011

Back in Town


Hello all!

I returned home late on Monday night and scrambled around doing laundry and packing a lunch before heading to bed to start the work week. I love having that extra day off during holiday weekends--and as an added bonus, it is a 4 day week. Score!

I had a wonderful time this weekend celebrating the 4th of July with family and friends! It is rare that I get to see so many familiar faces in one weekend. It was so great to spend time with my sister and brother-in-law, my parents, my friend Kaaren, and Andy! I've got a crazy sunburn all over my body due to lots of pool and water park time, but it was totally worth it!

Over the weekend, I took a ton of photos, so you'll be seeing those pop up on the blog throughout the next few days.

Holiday Weekend
Let's recap a bit, shall we?


First of all, on Friday morning, I was packing up to head out of town and ended up running a bit late heading out the door. In the rush, I realized as soon as I pulled into the office that I forgot half of my lunch at home in the fridge. All I had for the day was a dry salad (the dressing and extra veggies were tucked into my lunch box) and a container of berries to last me 8 hours. Yikes!

Luckily the owner of the company that I work for came to the rescue with an office pizza party which allowed me to snag some extra salad toppings and a coworker let me use some of her salad dressing that she keeps in the office fridge. Mid-afternoon, I started to get kind of hungry and luckily had some clif bars and fruit snacks stashed away in my snack drawer of my desk!


After work, I headed down to my sister and brother-in-law's place for the evening. We randomly hit up Sam's Club for some food and then ventured in the storm back to their place for dinner, a movie, and a huge bowl of ice cream to top off the evening.


We ended up renting Beastly and yikes, the acting was horrible! It started out really slow and only got a little better as it went on. We were able to laugh about it  and we all agreed that it wasn't that great. Oh well, you win some and you lose some.


After spending the evening with them, I headed to my parent's house where I would spend the night. I went to bed in my childhood bedroom excited to wake up to hot coffee and time with my mom. I'll recap that tomorrow...

How was your 4th of July? 
Favorite red white and blue concoction? I love strawberries and blueberries topped with whipped cream!
Worst movie you've seen lately?

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...