Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Tuesday 3's

Hi there!

I'm taking a quick break between working and heading to the gym right now. Well, that and letting my dinner settle--I'll be posting the recipe tomorrow for a great twist on a grilled cheese sandwich that you won't want to miss! We also picked out the tuxes for our wedding--I'm so excited to share our ensemble with you!

Last night Andy and I met up at the mall for a quick dinner at one of our favorite restaurants--Panera! I tried a new menu item: the lemon chicken orzo soup, while he ordered a soup + sandwich combo.

The verdict? This soup didn't even come close to my favorite black bean soup that I usually order.



Lemon Chicken Orzo Soup
A Mediterranean inspired soup with chicken, orzo, spinach, carrots, oregano and basil simmered in a lemon infused chicken broth and topped with a lemon wheel.


I got really excited when I read "lemon" in the name on the menu, but was quite disappointed after eating my soup. The lemon flavor was there alright, but the soup was mainly broth with a few pieces of chicken and orzo pasta.

Tuesday 3's
Let's get back into the swing of things with some Tuesday 3's--sound good?


1. I am very young at heart; I spent my Sunday morning doing the activity shown in the above photo. It's the little things in life...


2. Speaking of being young at heart, I also often eat like a 5 year old. Most of my life, I've been a pretty picky eater. Thankfully my taste buds have become more lenient over the years, but I'm still quite choosey when it comes to foods. A big thing for me is textures...if the texture is slightly strange, I usually have a hard time eating it. Things such as tapioca, shrimp/lobster/crab, certain rices, etc. are things I tend to avoid.


3. I often go on "dates" by myself. Don't get me wrong, I love going on dates with Andy, but sometimes, it is great to just head to Barnes and Noble, plop down in an aisle and catch up on some magazine reading... It's a chance to relax, recharge, and still be somewhat productive all at the same time. Win!

Off to the gym I go! Then heading home for some chocolate milk and a web layout project before hitting the hay for the night.

What is a favorite "solo date" of yours?
Do certain textures make you cringe?
Favorite thing to order at Panera?

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...