Saturday, April 02, 2011

Feeling this out

I haven't forgotten about this blog--really. I feel as though my main focus for the blog is unclear so I'm hesitant to post things; instead I just make little lists of blog topic ideas on post-it notes while I'm at work as things come to me. I've come to the conclusion that this blog isn't going to just be about design. Also, as with all things, some days my love for design is more evident, while others...I'd rather just channel my energy into running a few miles.

Some of the blog topics that I plan on covering are: 
  • Things I wish I knew before I graduated from college
  • Sketching: the framework for my illustrations
  • Qualities of a designer
  • Anchor points + bezier curves: how my illustrations come to life
  • The inspiration box
  • The design process
  • My running journey
  • Internships
  • Past project recaps
  • Creative gift ideas
  • Freelance: pros + cons
  • Corporate design: the good + the bad
  • How I found my nitch
Also, on a side note...I've been doing a lot of projects with WordPress at work (maintaining blogs for clients) and honestly, I like it better. I might consider switching over--or even jumping ship and doing the self-hosted route because it allows for more creativity.

Alright, it is SATURDAY and SUNNY so I am heading out! I've got a bunch of errands to run including hitting up the gym for a bit. Hopefully catching a movie with my mom and sister later on!

Do you have any fun plans for the day?!

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...